Contact for Report child abuse or neglect
Report Child Abuse
The Details of Report child abuse or neglect
What you need for Report child abuse or neglect
All reports of suspected child abuse or neglect must be phoned?in to DCF. Please call immediately if you know of, or suspect, an incident of?child abuse or neglect.??During regular business hours (8:45 a.m.-5 p.m. M-F)?call the Department of Families and Children?(DCF) area office that serves the?city or town?where the child lives. Nights, weekends, and holidays?dial the Child-at-Risk Hotline at (800) 792-5200.??
Please do not use the Feedback tool at the bottom of this page to report an incident?of suspected abuse or neglect.
Massachusetts?state law requires professionals whose work brings them in contact with children to notify DCF if they suspect that a child is being abused and/or neglected. Access the Mandated Reporter page for more information.
How to report Report child abuse or neglect
- If a child is in immediate danger, call 911.
- During regular business hours (8:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F) call the?DCF area office that serves the?city or town?where the child lives.?
* Note that some cities?have more than one DCF office.? Use the coverage directory for?Boston,?Springfield, or?Worcester?to figure out which office to call.
- After hours, or on weekends, call the Child-Risk-Hotline 1-800-792-5200.
Mandated Reporters only:
- After making the initial call, within 48 hours?complete the required written report.?